Monday, July 21, 2008

Welcome to Texas

We're in Houston! Matt drove here Thursday and I drove in Saturday. Before this trip, the farthest I've ever driven by myself was to Tallahassee, so this trip was a bit longer - about nine hours with all of the stops that I took. It seemed like every crappy gas station on the way to Texas attracted me like a magnet because every place I stopped was just that - crappy. Other than that the trip really wasn't that bad. I bought a Nicholas Sparks book on tape and listened to it the whole way. It definitely made the time fly by.

Matt and I are currently staying with an awesome couple from the church who graciously opened their home to us. I actually haven't met them yet because they're out of town but Matt got to have dinner with them and said that they're awesome. I can't wait to meet them.

On Sunday, Matt and I went to all three church services at Houston's First Baptist Church so we could get acquainted with all three types and choose the one that was right for us. The church and the people are just amazing. At the Sunday evening service, we officially became members of HFBC.

These last couple of days have definitely been interesting and surreal. Please keep praying for us that our house in Pensacola will sell because as soon as it does we can find a place of our in Houston.

2 comments:

Krista and Brandon said...

yay! hope you guys are doing great! we miss you already....

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hey elizabeth! I am so excited about your move! I am so sorry Ruco and i didnt make it to your going away party, we were so crazy that night, but we are always thinking and praying for you guys!!!