Saturday, November 20, 2010

Update

Back in September Matt and I took a trip to North Carolina to see my best friend, Tara, and her husband, Morgan. While we were there, we carved pumpkins (Matt's first time!), played lots of cards, and took a trip to Wilmington. We had a blast and I can't wait to live closer to them! Here are some pictures of our trip.









As you can tell, Wilmington was gorgeous! I could definitely see myself living in a place like that one day :)

Toward the end of October, Matt's brother, Chris, came and visited us in Houston for the first time since we've moved here. We figured since Thanksgiving was so close we would have an early Thanksgiving dinner and yes, before Halloween. Trust me, I'm not the type of person that celebrates holidays way too early. I made an exception this time because I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner and thought it would be nice to have a traditional family Thanksgiving meal together (it was, me, Matt, Chris and Matt's mom).

Last year was my first time baking a turkey, which you can read about here. This time around I, again, brined the turkey before baking it and it turned out amazing! I'm thankful for the access I have to the massive amount of information on the world wide web.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the turkey, but it looked pretty much like last year's:


I'm really excited about the upcoming holidays. I'm very thankful that I will get to spend time with my wonderful family (my parents, two sisters, brother-in-law, 6 nephews and 2 nieces!) and old friends during the next couple of months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are soo excited that you guys are coming too...we miss and love you guys!!!

Krista and Brandon said...

yay for updates! You are a brave woman to make a turkey! I've never tackled that,
I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could do it!