Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cookies & Cream Truffles

As of lately, I have been quite interested in reading food blogs.  Yes, blogs about food.  I am actually quite amazed about how many are out there.  I have a few favorites, some of which are listed on the side of this blog.  I wish I could come up with recipes on my own, but for now, I will simply follow along.

I enjoy cooking and baking different meals but making desserts is my favorite.  There's just something about putting ingredients together that end up being the perfect end to a perfect day.

I have been eyeing a certain recipe for a couple of weeks now.  Cookies & Cream Truffles.  Need I say more?  Ingredients: Oreos (yes, a whole bag of oreos), cream cheese and chocolate.  That's it.  I wasn't planning on blogging about these so I didn't take any pictures, but after I realized how easy and delicious they were, I had to share.  Here is the end result:


These remind me of hanging out at the Coleys while dunking Oreos in milk.  The good ole' days.

The next time I make these truffles - yes, there will definitely be a next time - I will use white chocolate to drizzle on top.  You could even add food coloring to the white chocolate for a burst of color. Matt is already looking forward to the next batch and we haven't even finished this one yet!

Credit:  I got this recipe here.  Jamie Lothridge posted the recipe and is the author/creator of MyBakingAddiction.com.  I have made a few of her recipes and have loved every one of them.

Last week I made some hummus which turned out fabulously!  I have lots of pictures of the process to share so I will post them very soon!

1 comments:

Matt Arnold said...

These are probably one of my favorite desserts ever. Elizabeth, you're in my foodie Hall of Fame!